Friday, October 23, 2009

:: pirate dream ::


Have you ever had an amazing idea in your dream? Only to wake up and have it quickly slip away? I do and I seldom remember these flashes of brilliance. Fortunately that wasn't the case this morning...

The excitement of this pirate book project has me thinking about our story all the time! All day. All night. And now, even in my sleep!

Peyton and I were brainstorming yesterday about what type of creatures and plants should be included in our book. We came up with many ideas like monkeys, parrots, toucans, hawks, dodo birds, mountain goats, bears, bats, giant spiders, mice, flamingos, fancy fish, whales, dolphins, sea monsters, giant squid and sharks.

So! In my dream, I continued to brainstorm... when the brilliant idea struck! I can use my hundreds of Hawaii vacation photos for reference. I took a ridiculous amount of photographs of exotic fruits, vegetation, flowers, animals, landscapes and even tikis.

Love it! Going to stop talking about it and continue drawing...

No comments:

Post a Comment